Barber’s 1833 Vintage Reserve Cheddar
- • A truly authentic West Country Farmhouse cheddar.
- • PDO certified.
- • Made at Maryland Farm in Ditcheat, Somerset England since 1833 by the Barber Family, the world’s oldest surviving traditional cheddar makers.
- • Made the traditional way using fresh pasteurized cow’s milk combined with a unique collection of traditional starter cultures, which the Barber’s Family are the sole guardians.
- • The very best batches of this cheddar leave the farm with the 1833 stamp, and these are the batches sent to Sendik’s Food Markets!
Deliciously creamy white cheddar.
Savory as well as naturally sweet notes.
Underlying hints of sea salt caramel and toffee.
Pairings & Culinary Suggestions
- • Beverage Pairings: Cider, Cider Brandy, peppery Red Cote du Rhone or Shiraz, or an English Ale.
- • Make a traditional English Ploughman’s Platter: Barber’s 1833 Vintage Reserve Cheddar, pickles, hearty bread, and WI-made Sabraii Cranberry Chutney.
- • Serve a slice with your warm apple pie or eat with fresh apples.
- • Use up those leftovers and make turkey sandwiches with 1833 Barber’s Vintage Reserve Cheddar, turkey, and Sabraii Cranberry Chutney.
$10.99 per lb
Save $4.00 per lb the whole month of NovemberBlogs, Cheese | October 31st, 2016