10 local shoppers to see family recipes featured at neighborhood grocer
Today, Balistreri owned and operated Sendik’s Food Markets announced the winners from its Community Soup Recipe Contest. The winning soups were selected from nearly 400 entries received between January 18 and February 5. Entries were categorized and recipes were reviewed for accuracy and ease of production. Sendik’s deli development center then tested the recipes for taste and flavor profile, narrowing the field to the final 10.
Winners will receive a $100 Sendik’s gift card, a Community Soup Recipe Contest prize package and will see their soups available at Sendik’s throughout the coming year.
“We were overwhelmed by the community’s response to this contest,” said Shane Towne, Sendik’s Director of Marketing and Strategic Growth. “It’s humbling to be trusted with a family recipe, and we are honored to be able to offer these delicious soups for all of our customers to try.”
The winners are:
- Joy Barger, Germantown, Vegetarian Quinoa Soup
- Brenda Behlmer, Menomonee Falls, Italian Sausage & Spinach Soup
- Alaina Burnett, West Allis, Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- Jane Cerra, Franklin, Black Bean Stew
- Kathryn Hartung, Brookfield, Carrot, Red Pepper & Curry Soup
- Sue Liebl, Franklin, Sweet ‘n Sour Cabbage Soup
- Julie Ravely, Milwaukee, Roasted Root Vegetable Soup
- Michal Riege, Germantown, Hearty Lentil & Ham Soup
- Sue Shannon, Saukville, Hungarian Minestrone Soup
- Debbie Tritschler, Wauwatosa, Deb’s Chicken Chili
“We were amazed not only by the soups themselves but by the stories that were shared,” said Linda Lakomek, Sendik’s Deli Director. “Reading about the joy of picking out fresh vegetables at Sendik’s and the amazing weight loss experienced by eating healthy reminded us the role food plays in being a comforting part of people’s lives.”
The winners will be recognized at a reception at Sendik’s Mequon store, 10930 N. Port Washington Road, on Tuesday, March 5 at 6 p.m., which is open to media members. Media may park in Sendik’s parking lot and enter through the main lobby. They are asked to check in at the service desk upon arrival.
Customers will be able to taste these winning soups beginning in late March at Sendik’s Food Markets.General, News | February 28th, 2013