Catch the Hatch!
Fresh Hatch Chile Peppers, grown only in the Mesilla Valley of New Mexico, are available for a few short weeks each year in August and September. Harvested from fertile soil along the Rio Grande, Hatch Chile Peppers thrive in the river valley’s combination of nutrient-rich soil, intense sunlight and cool desert nights. The peppers develop thick walls and meaty, flavorful flesh unlike any other chile. Hatch Peppers will be arriving in Sendik’s stores soon!
Unroasted peppers available at all locations.
Roasted peppers will be available only at the stores listed below.
Pick Up Dates & Locations
- • Saturday, August 17, 9am – 5pm: Franklin and West Bend
- • Sunday, August 18, 9am – 5pm: Hartland & Mequon
- • Saturday, August 24, 9am – 5pm: Grafton and New Berlin
- • Sunday, August 25, 9am – 5pm: Whitefish Bay and Greenfield
*Hatch roastings are weather dependent.
Why Fresh Roasted Hatch Chiles?
- • Better tasting & hotter than Anaheim peppers
- • Great for adding extra kick and flavor to tacos, burritos, chili, eggs, burgers and more!
- • Taste better than canned!
- • Unforgettable aroma!
- • Cheaper by the bushel than canned
- • Freeze beautifully to use all year long!