Posted on July 24th, 2009 by Kat Draper
- Mild cheddar is aged over 30 days – Medium cheddar is aged over 90 days – Sharp cheddar is aged over 1 year
- Cooking, baking, and heating flavored cheddar cheese enhance flavors.
- Cheddar is a firmer cheese which gains flavor by aging. It is best when aged over 3 months.
- Mold may develop on the surface of cheese– cut mold away 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the cheese on all sides containing mold.
- The best cheese flavor is when cheese is at room temperature, remove from refrigerator 1-2 hours before serving.