September Cheese of the Month – Marieke Belegen Gouda (aged 4-6 months)
- • Made in Thorp, Wisconsin using farmstead fresh raw cow’s milk
- • Farmstead Wisconsin Gouda cured on imported Dutch pine planks
- • The aging cellars used for this cheese are temperature and humidity controlled.
- • The list of awards achieved by Marieke and her team speak volumes about the quality of this particular Wisconsin farmstead cheese
Smooth and mellow with hints of toasted nuts.
- • 2017 – US Cheeses Championship – Overall 2nd Runner-Up
- • 2013 – US Cheese Championship.
- • 2011 – US Cheese Championship.
- • 2011 – American Cheese Society Contest.
- • 2011 – Wisconsin State Fair. Marieke was named the 2011 Grand Master Cheesemaker.
- • 2008 – American Cheese Society Contest held in Chicago IL.
Pairings & Culinary Suggestions
- • Crusty bread
- • Cornichons
- • Volpi prosciutto
- • Crisp apples and juicy pairs
- • Make a gourmet grilled cheese on rye bread with Marieke Belegen Gouda and your favorite mustard!
- • Pinot Grigio
- • Bock beer
$14.99 per lb
Save $5 per lb throughout the whole month of September!