Posted on October 26th, 2016 by Sendik's
This rare fruit is the essence of flavor!
SUNSET Minzano is a mini San Marzano type, packed with flavor and ready to be devoured. Sweet and savory at its finest, enjoy these beauties as a snack, elevate your salad or create the perfect tomato sauce.
Try out this recipe tonight!
Minzano Handkerchief Pasta
- 4 C OO Flour
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/4 C + 2 tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1. In a stand mixer, mix flour, egg yolks, salt, and 1/4 cup of water until combined, beginning on the slowest setting and gradually increasing speed.
- 2. If mixer is too dry, add more water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 3. Once a ball is formed, remove from bowl, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- 4. Once rested, bring dough up to room temperature.
- 5. Cut dough into 5 equal-sized pieces.
- 6. With a rolling pin, flatten each portion.
- 7. Run the dough through a pasta roller, beginning on the #1 setting.
- 8. Remove and fold ends into the center.
- 9. Flour dough and run through the same setting once more.
- 10. Run the dough through each setting twice, folding the dough into the center after each pass through, until you have reached the final #5 setting.
- 11. Cut each piece into long ribbon, approximately 3″ x 6″.
- 12. Cover fresh pasta with a very lightly damped towel until you are ready to cook.
- 1/4 C Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 C Minzano Tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 C Pine Nuts, toasted
- 16 Basil Leaves, hand torn
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Freshly Grated Parmesan
- 1. In a large pan over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté garlic until lightly browned.
- 2. Add tomatoes and stir until softened.
- 3. Add pine nuts and salt and reduce heat to low while you cook pasta.
- 4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 5. Place pasta ribbons into boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- 6. Strain pasta and add to sauce.
- 7. Garnish with torn basil, freshly grated Parmesan and ground black pepper.