Milwaukee, Wis. – Maintaining what has become a fall tradition at Sendik’s Food Markets, the local grocer will deliver a donation to Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin of 51,000 pounds of food and more than $44,000 next week. The two delivery trucks are scheduled to arrive at Feeding America’s local warehouse, 1700 W. Fond du Lac Avenue, on Monday, November 19th 10:30 a.m. Media members are invited to attend and may use the 16th Street entrance.
This is the fifth consecutive year that Balistreri owned and operated Sendik’s Food Markets has partnered with the local food bank, which serves more than 330,000 people throughout eastern Wisconsin. Support for the donation was made possible by generous customer giving during the months of August, September and October. A variety of in-store promotions allowed customers to contribute both food and monetary donations to the food bank:
- Sendik’s Real Food Magazine: 100% of proceeds from sale benefited Feeding America.
- Backpack Buddies: Proceeds from Backpack Buddies provided a backpack filled with school supplies for needy children in the Milwaukee area.
- Mac & Cheese Promotion: For every box of Shurfine macaroni and cheese sold, Sendik’s donated one box to Feeding America.
- Sendik’s Food Drive: Customers purchased a $5, $10 or $20 bag of groceries to help feed hungry families.
- Keep the Change for Feeding America: Customers had the opportunity to round up their receipt total to the nearest dollar for Feeding America.
“We’re continually amazed by our customers,” said Ted Balistreri, who owns Sendik’s, along with brothers Patrick and Nick, and sister Margaret Harris. “They understand how important their support is to the hungry of our community, and they give generously. We are honored to make this donation on their behalf.”
* * * *
About Sendik’s Food Markets: Since 1926, the Balistreri family has been serving the greater Milwaukee community by combining quality food products with exceptional customer service. Their goal is to provide you with the best grocery shopping experience, period. Currently, Sendik’s Food Markets operates 10 stores throughout Southeastern Wisconsin: Whitefish Bay, Wauwatosa, Mequon, Grafton, Elm Grove, Franklin, Greenfield, Germantown, New Berlin, and West Bend.Featured, News, Official Press Releases | November 15th, 2012