Posted on October 9th, 2009 by Marc Goodman
I just got back from an outstanding trip to Munich Germany for their famed Oktoberfest.
Here are a few fun facts of what I learned about the event and its history.
- Sorry Summerfest, Oktoberfest is the larget public festival in the world. There is no entrance fee.
- The only brewers at the fest are Spaten, Paulaner, Hofbrau, Lowenbrau and Augustiner. These breweries are located within the city limits of Munich.
- There are 14 BIG tents that can accommodate some 48,000 inside their tents each day.
- The tents are constructed and deconstructed each year for the fest.
- Over 6 million people attend yearly with over 6 million liters of beer consumed
- For some reason the most popular song is “Country Roads” by John Denver, I think I heard it played 10 times.
- Next year is the 200th Anniversary- If you like beer, you should start planning now.
- Until then we have a wide selection of Oktoberfest beers available at our stores for you to try.